Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Twitter Peeps


If you are not on Twitter, I hope that this post encourages you to give it a try. I decided to blog about the people that I love tweeting with since Twitter is my newest obsession. You can follow me @przthomas and because I don’t know the people personally that I will be blogging about I’ll just use their Twitter ID names. I have met some of the coolest people on earth while twittering. I was the newbie and I was looking for “Twitter Love”. I found it after enduring days of frustration. It’s not easy getting people to accept the fact that you want nothing from them but a conversation. It’s a joke to a lot of people, but there are a few people on there like me who are downright addicted. Twitter is the latest social phenomenon. People from everywhere are tweeting, there are all classes of people with a wide variety of interest. Sometimes the server can’t even hold the demand and sends out an over capacity message.

When I first started tweeting it was @UncleRush that motivated me to stay on there, because he was the first person to send me a reply. That was big for me because I think that everybody knows that he is the one and only Russell Simmons. Since being on there I haven’t seen him reply to anybody except a few other celebrities. I was motivated, but still I wanted more than one reply. I even blogged about it on hubpages.com. The blogs name is Twitter-Envy. I started writing about the friendly celebrities that would tweet with their fans. That opened the door for me to contact these celebrities and inform them that they were mentioned in my blog, just like I’m going to do to the people that I talk about on here. Yeah, that’s why you’re reading this. I already know.

It’s no secret that I’m also a reality TV junkie, so of course I was going to jump at the chance to tweet with the cast of my favorite shows. @KandiConnection of the RHOA is my favorite Atlanta Housewife and she understands that her fans are what will keep her on top. She even tweeted through her tragedy. Her friend @RASHEEDAGAPEACH is also one of the dopest people on Twitter. She’s a rapper and I love the way she interacts with her fans. I love the Tiny & Toya show, but it’s @KieshaBabi that has won me over and one of the first people to take it beyond Twitter. You know I love me some Frankie & Neffe, but it’s @DarielLoves and @Elite_Noel who are my fellow Twitter addicts.

@DarielLoves is so cool that he and @RASHEEDAGAPEACH actually became a fan of my sickle cell support page on facebook. I have tweeted with other sickle cell activist like @KAMMsTheAce and her mother @helipo. @RitaFayeFit and @krissybri are other adults with the disease. Other Twitter Peeps include @MissMandy88, @sgwhite9, @PhyllisKarmazin, @BeegeJohnson, @AleshiaSen the newbie, @Whyguys an awesome blogger, @JoiaMercedes a celebrity hair & make-up artist.

I know I didn’t include everybody, but I wanted these people to know how much I appreciate them for making me feel like the Internet Socialite that I am. I’ll see you on twitter and if your not following me. Ask your self why, I’m not asking because I love following you anyway. Muaaahhh!!
Follow Me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/przthomas
Support Sickle Cell Group: http://bit.ly/viEtV
Read Twitter-Envy Blog: http://hubpages.com/hub/Twitter-Envy

3 comments:

  1. Phyllis,
    You may be "nobody famous" (your words not mine), but you are definately "somebody". I love reading your blogs and you seem to be in the middle of so many things. What I mean by that is that you are able to reach out to so many differant people in so many differant areas and being them all together to one place, your twitter page and your blogs. I don't even remember exactly how it was I started following you at this point but am so glad that I did. I have not only enjoyed tweeting with you, but also enjoyed reading your blogs. Plus I have learned from you. I don't think I ever really knew anything about sickle cell. I never knew anyone who was affected by the desiese. Because of you I have now googled it and have read up on it. Now I'm not saying I know everything about it, but it does make me more compassionate and I will be more aware of the desiese, the people it affects and the charities and ways to help with the research in finding a cure. Thank you for being you. Thank you for fighting through your battle with sickle cell and brining these things to light and bringning us all together. You have been a joy to tweet with and have made my life brighter and wiser.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work you are doing on twitter. I use tweetdeck to keep up with everything that I do ... otherwise I would be locked down on my computer all day long. People ask me why do I have close to 13,000 followers. It's because I work twitter as a business and a percentage of those followers become clients. It's all in the math. If you ever need assistance just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a joy to meet such a genuine person on Twitter such as you Phyllis. Sending you much "Twitter Love". Terry (whyguy)

    P.S. I am keeping you in my prayers for your healing.

    ReplyDelete