Friday, October 9, 2009

I Am An Internet Socialite


Let it be known that I am the first to hold the title of “Internet Socialite”. I am coining that phrase and beginning a new tradition. You may be asking yourself, what is this woman talking about? Well I’m glad that you asked. I have to start by telling you a little bit about myself. I am a forty-five year old soldier fighting the battle known as Sickle Cell Anemia. It can sometime prevent me from doing the things that most people take for granted. I am often operating with low energy and painful joints, so getting out and hanging with the “in” crowd is nothing I ever considered. When I’m feeling my best, I do good to get out and see a movie or attend a family function, so I never craved the night life. I don’t know from one day to the other if I’ll be able to even get out of bed. With my physical limitations such as they are I have created a reputation for helping other people achieve their dreams. I’m not the front-runner, I’m the cheering squad and I have learned how to do that like no one else.

I have acquired a love for the Internet and because I love to share my opinions, blogging has become my new obsession. Anything that is on my mind eventually becomes a blog. I have kept my ID name przthomas in order to develop continuity in my persona. Those who know me outside of my blogs even if they haven’t met me personally, often refer to me as Ms Phyllis. My motherly attributes must transcend my blogging abilities, because people are very open to me and accept me in ways that the average person doesn’t experience over the Internet. I don’t know if it’s because I try to stay away from negativity and gossip when I’m writing about people in the entertainment industry or not. All I know is that when I’m on Twitter I get replies from them and if I post comments on their sites I get feedback and a couple of them have gone as far as to welcome me into their celebrity zone.

Now that I got that out of the way let me explain my assertion that I am and Internet Socialite. I say that because I am not on the Internet trying to get invites to the hottest events around town and I don’t want anything from anyone I’ve met online. In my world I’m just as important and relevant as they are, so sometimes I don’t approach them like a fan (which is not necessarily a good thing), it’s more like I’m their peer. I have rubbed Internet shoulders with some of the biggest names in the business, but in true socialite form, I don’t name drop (at least not in this blog).

I am working on some hot projects with people you would know, so keep your eyes on me and you may even catch me on TV somewhere (hmmm). Watch out everybody Ms Phyllis is przthomas and she may be taking her show on the road. Until next time sweeties, be safe and love like there is no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment