Wednesday, October 14, 2009

900 Tweets


Well today I reached 900 tweets on Twitter and I had to take a step back and reflect on what the hell I had been tweeting about. I am following 107 people and there are only 154 people following me so what is the deal. In the month of September I did a lot of tweets to bring awareness of my struggle since it was “Sickle Cell Anemia Awareness Month”. Over the last few days I have been promoting my Sickle Cell Page that I created on facebook and cross promoting with @KAMMsTheAce for the Blackout 09 event. I did a little promoting of my blogs, but mostly I used Twitter to Chat. I have not been on Twitter long enough to have that many damn tweets. I have one of the most boring lives known to mankind, but if you look at my twitter page you would think I was the social butterfly of the year.

So if I’m chatting on Twitter, what am I chatting about? Let’s start with Tiny of the Tiny & Toya Show. There was a comedian on Twitter making some off colored jokes about Tiny and some of her family, friends and/or fans were getting very upset about it. I saw this “Twitter Fight” going on and after a while I got tired of going back and forth trying to follow the tweets. In my usual “Mama” style, I sent a tweet to the comedian and basically told him that he didn’t need to tear people down in order to get a laugh. He sent a tweet back and thanked me for the advice. Well the crowd was stilled pumped up, so I had to pull their coat tails and I told them not to give that the attention that they had been giving it. After a few more tweets the fight was over.

The next time I sent out a lot of tweets was when I met @AleshiaSen who was new to twitter. She started following me after she saw that @KandiConnection was replying to several of my tweets. It didn’t take long to detect that she was frustrated so I sent her a link to my blog on hubpages titled Twitter-Envy. I wanted her to learn what I already knew. The celebrities on Twitter don’t always reply to their fans. Some of them only reply to their peers and people that they actually know. Some of them don’t even do that. On my blog I highlight some of the celebrities that I have encountered who reply often to their fans. Well, that wasn’t enough. She was following these Twitter friendly celebrities and still no one replied to her.

Being the “Twitter Mama” that I am, I started an all out promotion. I asked my followers to follow this new tweetheart. I really don’t think that she knew exactly what she wanted, because on one hand she wanted followers, but more than that I think she wanted replies from celebrities. I just happened to be stupid enough to think I could make her dream come true. Who the hell do I think I am? I’m asking celebrities to shout out to somebody that I really don’t know myself. I guess it really is the mama in me. Your kids think you can do anything and damn it you will. Both of us love @KandiConnection and @RASHEEDAGAPEACH. Since Kandi was going through some rough times, I didn’t press her. I was doing good to have her reply to my post. After a few days passed @AleshiaSen was getting very discouraged and I had to do something. I started a promotion blitz to get her some followers and then I reached out to the dopest Boss Chic alive. Ms. Rasheeda came through for me and sent her the shout out of her dreams. Of course I was looking rather fly for that one, but I can’t take any credit because Rasheeda is that kind of woman. She appreciates her fans and if you are following her on Twitter you know exactly what I mean.

Wow, maybe I can account for all of those tweets. I sent out keep your head up tweets, appreciation tweets, and thanks for supporting me tweets. 900 still sounds like a lot, I just might be tweeting in my sleep, so I’m thinking about installing a webcam.

No comments:

Post a Comment